Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dutch Bingo

I'm back...maybe.
A few months back I signed up for a Wellness class at the Baptist church I was attending. I sat beside a girl names Dawn. She didn't attend the church but knew the girl that was leading the class. AND SHE WAS NOT DUTCH!
When we shared our names, she commented that Yolanda sounded dutch. Yes, I told her...I was dutch. She asked me my last name. I said it was Westerik, not a very common name. She told me that her husband was dutch and his grandmother was a Westerik.
Well, after a bit of back and forthing I found out that her husband's grandmother and my dad are FIRST cousins....their dad's were brothers!
and......
She also told me she knew another couple with the name Westerik from years ago...
their names...Brent & Jenny!!!

What fun is that!!!

That's all for today, but I am truly going to try to visit more regularly in the future.

Hugs
Yolanda

Quote:

We live in a moment of history where change is so speeded up that we begin to see the present only when it is already disappearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment