Sunday, April 12, 2009

Homemade Bread and Mocha Cake for breakfast



Into a day of loneliness and sadness yesterday, Jesus brought me friendship, family and food.
And I did pretty good with puffy eyes and about 4 hours of sleep!!!
We met up with family for a fun hike and awesome bird watching. Brent & Jenny; Benjamin & Christopher came down from Richman's Hill. Alice and Cliff joined us. And Donnie and I picked up Tami and Rowan. As usual, James was busy saving lives!
Check out Facebook for more pictures!
Alice and Cliff headed home after the hike and the rest came over for relaxing and Rowan watching. And then we ate great food. I think my Tami might just be rivaling Jenny in the amazing cook department! I have NO problem with 2 great cooks feeding me. Tami made Red pepper soup, and amazing carrot dish, and an asparagus salad....filled with peas, pine nuts and other yummy healthy stuff. Jenny provided the Homemade bread and Mocha cake for dessert. My Ham & Potato Scallop was a hit. Leftovers of it went home to feed James after another long day of work. Tami works hard at providing healthy food for her family but as you can see Rowan was happy to have something sweet for a change.

The sun is shining in the front windows. So fitting as we remember the Glory of Our Risen Lord.

Hugs
Yo

Quote: One of the greatest labour-saving inventions of today is tomorrow.
(I like this one...it helped me go to bed REAL early with lots of cleaning up yet to be done. Thanks to Donnie who ran the first dishwasher load!)

No comments:

Post a Comment