Monday, May 11, 2009

I learned a lot today!



The tree in the front yard that hasn't grown much since we moved in is an Ornamental Pear Tree. It's not supposed to grow much! It was interesting to hear what it was, because I had just thought to myself the other day that the blossoms looked exactly the same as my pear tree in the back yard, but I knew it didn't produce pears. Thanks to my neighbour Alex for the info.
Also today was day #5 visiting the Trillium forest. It was a most excellent day because I went out with Tante Janny and she pointed out so many other interesting plants to me.
Wild geraniums (purple)...
Jack in the Pulpits (which Rosalie had seen on our previous visit, but I hadn't),
Trout Lily's...the leaves resemble the scaling on a trout...if I want to see them in bloom I have to head over mid-April next year!
Wild violets (purple)
May Apples - they look like little umbrellas.
I've taken pictures of them all and hope to continue to gather and absorb information about all these amazing plants...all part of God's creation.

I also learned that the white Trilliums turn pink when they are dieing.

Hugs
Yo

Wisdom has two parts: 1) Having a lot to say; 2) Not saying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment