Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's not just about pickles and blue jays...

...but I'll share those with you first.
Had a great week in Michigan with my sister and her family.
I showed off my pictures...of course...
When Samuel saw my BEAUTIFUL picture of a blue jay he said (in true American style), " My dad says I can shot those because they are a nuisance. When I shot them, do you want me to send them to you so you can take pictures?"

Another Samuel moment...we were playing Phase 10 and someone was being a handful...Samuel says..."It must be our upbringing".

And here is a great new pickle quote:
PICKLES ARE CUCUMBERS SOAKED IN EVIL!

As always Donnie and I completely enjoyed ourselves as we spent a week with this family that we love so dearly.
A bonus was that school was out for summer...well not everyone was completely finished...but close!

Samuel continues to be OBSESSED with fishing! Not really a bad way to spend your childhood! He is always so helpful. Loves to jump up and get you anything you want.
He had one little problem though....he was getting tired of hearing the name `Rowan'. And so he decided for every time he heard the word Rowan, I would have to take him fishing. Well...if that were to happen, I would be spending the rest of my life at the fishing hole! Samuel wants to move into the woods alone when he grows up...but he is an incredible people person and I don't think he would last a day.


Aaron has an amazing love for the outdoors and learning and sharing all he can about Edible Outdoor plants. He also loves his dog Shadow and is a good master.
He continues to impress me with his sensitivity. Last visit he had located a book from the shelf that he knew would be of interest to his Uncle Donnie, and this visit promptly pulled it down again.


Matthew is growing and maturing and continues to be a thoughtful and caring guy....I don't want to say 'boy' but not ready to say 'man'. He is not 'quite' ready to spread his wings, but yet I do see a shift in who he is that shows me he is definitely heading in that direction.
He still loves his 'explosives' and has quite a reputation!

Jessica continues to be near and dear to my heart. She still has a 'quietness' about her exterior , but her heart is full of laughter, joy and friendship. And as she played the role of 'The Beast' in a talent night production...I saw a very confident & 'mean' side to her. But don't worry, the mean side was just acting!!


I love the time I can spend one on one with my little sister Carol. I am so proud of the woman she is and all that she is accomplishing. Now if she could just find that marriage certificate and get a passport!! I love laughing with Carol..we need to laugh more! I love you sis..you are God's gift to me.


Ken is keeping busy with work...thankfully...as the economy in Michigan has certainly been hit hard. He enjoys coming home and finds peace working in the garden.
He also has a soft spot for the Chocolate Malts served at the Drenthe Village Dipper. Although he assures us that he doesn't stop there often (on his way home from work) he did walk in once and the owner asked..."Will you have the usual?"
So as we drove up after a day in Holland and Ken noticed the owner outside..Carol yelled out the van window..."Ken will have his usual!! " Sure enough, once we parked and went in, she had it made and sitting on the counter for him!

Such a short drive...6 hours...(4 1/2 for Cliff) and our lives are blessed...with rest. Rest through God's amazing creation...both in the outdoors and the lives of family who are so dear.
And a special time to rest in Him our Saviour and Lord.

hugs
Yo

If the family were a fruit, it would be an orange, a circle of sections, held together but separable, - each segment distinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment