Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm so thankful...



...for such a beautiful week. I have been feeling so much more like my old self these days. I am praying it will last. I promised myself (for the next little while anyway) one day out a week to enjoy and photograph nature. And this week I hit pay dirt. The weather has been perfect. The rains have been coming mostly at night so things continue to blossom.
The joys of nature include those in my own front yard. Since changing birdseed my bird feeder is now attracting golden finch. Hoping the cardinals will come back too.
And although my daffodils didn't make an appearance, I am happy to with a few tulips for the first time...I planted the bulbs in the fall.
On Monday I visited the Royal Botanical Gardens to take in the beautiful tulips.
And then I went over to Cherry Hills Gate and totally enjoyed the walk in solitude...only a few people out...but lots of birds. Woodpeckers, very noisy Canada Geese...I caught a glimpse of an Oriole, lots of red winged black birds, swans, morning doves, chickadees, cardinals and my beautiful blue jay.
Tuesday I took a bike ride to the Trillium forest close by and enjoyed the way they carpeted the ground...almost like snow!
But enough already....that is 2 days of pictures WITHOUT Rowan!
So Wednesday Rowan and I went out for a walk and she willingly posed for me in the Trilliums.
I am just loving my time outdoors. I love that I have time to work in the yard.
And I am learning to accept what the inside of the house is looking like. It's not a pretty sight. I gotta quit walking in with mud on my shoes.
I also stopped at Stephen-on-the -Mount Anglican church to listen to some Bible Reading. Each year in different places the Canadian Bible Society has two week readings of the entire Bible. They read from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday to Friday for 2 weeks.
It was really neat to sit and listen for a while. I heard readings from Jeremiah, John & 1st John.

So did you notice something? I gave myself a day for nature and this week have taken 3 days and part of a fourth. This is me. I just don't seem to know how to organize my life in a way that sees me accomplish a little bit of everything in any said week. Instead, when something is working, I just run with it. I'm going to accept it...but still keep on working towards a little more balance.

Hugs
Yo

Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment